Facts about Indoor Fungal (Mold)
What inhibits Indoor Fungi Growth?
Methods and products to inhibit (prevent) indoor fungal growth:
1. Good Moisture control - maintaining indoor humidity at a low level of RH 50-60 and addressing any water leaks.
2. Good Ventilation - prevent indoor humidity from building up.
3. Good Sanitation: Regular surface cleaning that removes organic debris (food source) and air sanitation that neutralizes living microorganisms
4. Chemical Treatment: Some suggested the use of anti-fungal coatings & paints, Biocides chemicals, and fungicides as a solution. However, these chemicals are other sources of TVOC, an air pollutant.
Sky Pest Sdn Bhd recommends scientifically proven organic formulation SAN-AIR Air Purifier Gel from Australia for corrective and preventive air sanitation up to 78% efficiency.
These methods can help prevent fungal growth but do not guarantee to eliminate all fungal growth. For severe fungal infestation, it may be necessary to seek professional Mold (fungal) Remediation services.
General Mold Remediation Procedures
4 key steps: Identifying & Isolating, Restoring & Regulating
Mold remediation involves identifying and removing mold infestation in a building, which improves indoor air quality.
1. Pre-treatment assessment using Indoor Air Quality readings and Surface Microbial Test conducted.
2. Identifying: Assess the levels of infestation and surface penetration. Water leaking is the main root to mold infestation.
3. Isolation: Removal of severely damaged parts and removing mediums that promote mold growth including repairing the source of the water damage.
4. Restoring: A thorough air and surface cleaning process in a controlled environment. This procedure includes structural repair work.
5. Post-treatment assessment.
6. Regulating: The levels of indoor airborne microbial and high levels of indoor humidity promote mold growth on surfaces such as walls, ceilings, and floors. To regulate the acceptable indoor environment of 1000CFU, CFM, and RH, mechanical ventilation system, structural, and organic recommendations are provided.
7. Maintenance. Periodical assessment is recommended.
Mold remediation is a complex and potentially hazardous process because molds are unseen but potentially harmful allergens and toxins. Solicit a trained mold remediator specialist.
Principles of Surface Disinfection
“Disinfection is the process of eliminating pathogen microorganism from inanimate objects”. General chemical disinfectant commonly used today at home includes Alcohol, Chlorine compounds, Iodine solutions, Quaternary Ammonium Compounds, and Glutaraldehyde. Each has its advantages and disadvantages.
Liquid disinfectants are classified by its level of germicidal efficacy (3-levels):
High-level disinfectants is capable of destroying all microorganism with exception of microbial spores;
Intermediate-level disinfectants that will destroy vegetative bacteria, most viruses and fungi, but nor microbial spores; and
Low-level disinfectants to kill most bacteria and some viruses and fungi, but bacterial spores.
How surface tension affect disinfection? Solutions is important but methods is crucial. Sky Pest Sdn. Bhd. emphasize methods.
In order for a liquid to come into contact, to permeate and penetrate every crevices and spaces, the surface tension of the fluid must be low. In general, alcoholic or soapy solutions are best. The solution and method of treatment that Sky Pest Sdn. Bhd. offers has taken into consideration all these factors to achieve disinfectant efficacy. We are able to customise according to real needs.
Our Treatments include:
SURFACE: Thorough surface treatment including removal, cleaning and restoration.
SPACE: ULV misting to achieve coverage of surface and airborne; penetrating cracks, and crevices.
TEMPERATURE: High temperature Steamer up to 180’C to treat porous material such as furnishing.
EXTRACTION: High Suction with HEPA filter to extract microorganisms from porous materials including mites.
AIR SCRUBBING: 24 hours Air Treatment to scrub the air from excessive and harmful air pollutants.
IAQ ASSESSMENT by third-party NIOSH-approved IAQ Assessor.
Solutions that Sky Pest Sdn. Bhd. apply for Coronavirus (Covid-19) comply to KKM and NEA; Food Safety and non-toxic; against Coronavirus (Covid-19), Avian Influenza A, H1N1, H5N1, Hepatitis A, HFMD, Coxsackie and more than 100 diseases; and non-Alcohol.
Our protocol includes Air Quality Monitoring. Technical Assessment will be done prior-treatment and post-treatment.
To maintain an ongoing Urban Healthy Lifestyle, we have an affordable annual service package and D.I.Y. solutions for premise owners.